Little Minx. Poppity Goblet. Sausage. Boo-boo. Pussycat.

Fastidious. Minor weakness for bananas and berries. Intrigued by her own nasal cavities. Likes a wander. Bossy boots. Considerate to soft toys. Enjoys a good lick of the coe-woe before bedtime. Furtive ice cube thief. Says Chinese words. With an English accent. Snores (gently). Lacks canines. A bloody genius.

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

Messages(smilies)

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

An unwitting glimpse into the future


Full dress rehearsal

It's quarter past 3 in the morning and I've just completed my self-appraisal. Lest anyone jump to the hasty conclusion that I've just stayed up all night to voluntarily reflect on my strengths (I make pretty good instant noodles) and weaknesses (Laduree macaroons), let me make it clear that I'm referring to the performance appraisal for work. I've never been comfortable with rating myself on a scale of 1-4 and it's always tricky treading the fine line between confident honesty and tragic delusion. Oh well.

Anyway, since my head is still swimming with recollections of how I've displayed excellent communication skills or socio-political sensitivity over the past year, I figured I might as well reward myself (and you!) by blogging.

Reason I haven't blogged in awhile is simply because I have been waiting for Auntie Valerie to send me the photos she took while she came to stay with us in London. (Weakness #2: Tendency to be obsessive with order). So please redirect all your hate mail to her. Of course there's also the small detail about us having moved halfway around the world in the thick of winter, having to find a roof over our heads, having to find new friends for Saffron, finding out where's the best place to catch a cab, living out of our suitcases for a month...which you may have overlooked.

This is the first picture in the CD which Auntie Val has sent me. Snapped when we were still basking in the equatorial warmth and she was back for Chinese New Year last year. Who would have guessed then that almost exactly year on, we would be back again in the blistering cold?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home