Little Minx. Poppity Goblet. Sausage. Boo-boo. Pussycat.

Fastidious. Minor weakness for bananas and berries. Intrigued by her own nasal cavities. Likes a wander. Bossy boots. Considerate to soft toys. Enjoys a good lick of the coe-woe before bedtime. Furtive ice cube thief. Says Chinese words. With an English accent. Snores (gently). Lacks canines. A bloody genius.

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

Messages(smilies)

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Save the cheerleader, save the world




August 2007
Most Wednesday evenings at 9pm, there's only one place to find us. Huddled on our sofa, pulses racing, me sipping my mug of ah-por tea, Saffy furtively licking her coe-woe, both of us utterly transfixed by Peter Petrelli, Hiro, Isaac, Clare et al. We always watch Heroes together. Even when I was in Amsterdam several weeks ago, we watched Heroes together over the phone. She described every scene as it unfolded, making sure that we were watching the same episode. (Vodafone had the last laugh of course, but in my defence, there are worse ways to spend Saffron's inheiritance.)

So today being Wednesday, I find myself on the sofa, but regrettably without my fellow Heroes groupie, whose after-school playground antics have exhausted her earlier than usual this evening. Somehow it's not quite as fun watching the show without her, without having her little hand to clasp and warm bottom to tuck my legendarily-ice-cold feet under. Which is why I am Spontaneously Blogging (could this be my calling?), and which explains the incongruity of the photographs which accompany this entry. These are the only new pictures I have on my laptop, of our summer holiday on Ile de Re. Enjoy!

(After weeks of deliberation, we've just about established what Saffron's power is; she emanates a force-field which draws and compels those in her vicinity to kiss or squeeze her. Okay, so it's not quite Spontaneous Regeneration or Painting the Future, but still she seems quite happy with her lot in life. At least now I have sound scientific reason for my behaviour.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home