Little Minx. Poppity Goblet. Sausage. Boo-boo. Pussycat.

Fastidious. Minor weakness for bananas and berries. Intrigued by her own nasal cavities. Likes a wander. Bossy boots. Considerate to soft toys. Enjoys a good lick of the coe-woe before bedtime. Furtive ice cube thief. Says Chinese words. With an English accent. Snores (gently). Lacks canines. A bloody genius.

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

Messages(smilies)

Powered by Blogger

Monday, March 13, 2006

4 February 2006


These days Saffron usually insists on getting dressed on her own. Often she picks out her outfits too. What surprises me is how she does up and undoes buttons with such dexterity. I'm not sure where or how she learnt it. Each time I watch her get dressed independently it dawns on me what a developmental milestone this is - my little baby doesn't need me to dress her anymore. She can even run up and down the stairs to fetch things on my behalf; switch on and off the lights as necessary; feed herself; and more recently, brush her own teeth AND spit out instead of swallow the toothpaste (any parent will understand why I'm so impressed). Fortunately for me, for the time being she still requires my help to warm her milk, read her stories at bedtime and make sure there's an undisrupted supply of nappies, berries and weetabix. So all's not lost (just yet).

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Is that a zit I see? She can't be growing up that fast??

7:48 pm, March 15, 2006  
Blogger faffron said...

Certainly not. It's dried blood. Left from my nail gouging her flesh as I rushed to catch her as she fell into the toilet when she was having a fever and was too weak to hold herself up on the toilet seat...

6:42 am, March 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home