Little Minx. Poppity Goblet. Sausage. Boo-boo. Pussycat.

Fastidious. Minor weakness for bananas and berries. Intrigued by her own nasal cavities. Likes a wander. Bossy boots. Considerate to soft toys. Enjoys a good lick of the coe-woe before bedtime. Furtive ice cube thief. Says Chinese words. With an English accent. Snores (gently). Lacks canines. A bloody genius.

Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

Messages(smilies)

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Just what I've always wanted


12 June 2006 The Birthday Girl opening her presents on her actual birthday...

The truth is I always find it a little stressful when Saffron has to open her presents in front of others; I find myself worrying that one day she'll just look up at the kind gift-giver, furrow her brows and say "What were you thinking?". Or maybe that's just me projecting my negativity onto my sweet innocent three-year old.

Thankfully for now, Saffron is more inclined to gasp in delight, open her eyes really wide and exclaim "I like it! I'm so happy!", topping it off with a huge smile that makes you feel really pleased with yourself. Perhaps that explains why she keeps receiving presents even when it's not anywhere near her birthday. Relatives, friends, friends of friends, friends of relatives, relatives of friends (you get the picture) all seem compelled to shower her with an endless stream of gifts. Occasionally Saffron will, after saying her thank yous, offer what she thinks is constructive feedback: "But my mummy won't like it; she only likes grey colour."

Before you think I'm inflexible and controlling, I'd like to set the record straight: mustard, leaf green, aubergine and deep red are also acceptable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home